Conference on Natural Language Processing (Konferenz zur Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache, KONVENS)
The biennial conference is organised in turn by:
- the SIG CL of the DGfS
- the GSCL (German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology)
- and the ÖGAI (Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence).
Originally (from 1992 until 2008), also the scientific societies DEGA (German Society for Acoustics), GI (German Society for Computer Science), and the ITG (Information Technology Society) participated in the organisation of the KONVENS.
The 13th KONVENS has taken place from September 19th to 21st, 2016 in Bochum (Germany) and has been organized by Stefanie Dipper on behalf of the SIG CL of the DGfS.
The following conferences have been organised in the preceding years:
- 12th Konvens 2014 in Hildesheim
- 11th Konvens 2012 in Wien
- 10th Konvens 2010 in Saarbrücken
- 9th Konvens 2008 in Berlin
- 8th Konvens 2006 in Konstanz
- 7th Konvens 2004 in Vienna
- 6th Konvens 2002 in Saarbrücken
- 5th Konvens 2000 in Ilmenau
- 4th Konvens 1998 in Bonn
- 3rd Konvens 1996 in Bielefeld
- 2nd Konvens 1994 in Vienna
- 1st Konvens 1992 in Nürnberg