Conference on Natural Language Processing (Konferenz zur Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache, KONVENS)
KONVENS is an annual computational linguistics conference (biennial until 2018) organized in turn by:
- the SIG CL of the DGfS
- the GSCL (German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology)
- and the ÖGAI (Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence).
Originally (from 1992 until 2008), also the scientific societies DEGA (German Society for Acoustics), GI (German Society for Computer Science), and the ITG (Information Technology Society) participated in the organization of the KONVENS.
The 17th KONVENS (Konferenz zur Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache/Conference on Natural Language Processing) will take place from September 6 to September 9, 2021. The conference will be hosted by Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf and is planned as a hybrid onsite/online event. The special theme of this year’s KONVENS is “Deep Linguistic Modeling”.
The following conferences took place in previous years. (Many of the proceedings are available at the KONVENS website.)
- 16th KONVENS 2020 in Zürich (joint conference with SwissText)
- 15th KONVENS 2019 in Erlangen
- 14th KONVENS 2018 in Vienna
- 13th KONVENS 2016 in Bochum
- 12th KONVENS 2014 in Hildesheim
- 11th KONVENS 2012 in Vienna
- 10th KONVENS 2010 in Saarbrücken
- 9th KONVENS 2008 in Berlin
- 8th KONVENS 2006 in Konstanz
- 7th KONVENS 2004 in Vienna
- 6th KONVENS 2002 in Saarbrücken
- 5th KONVENS 2000 in Ilmenau
- 4th KONVENS 1998 in Bonn
- 3rd KONVENS 1996 in Bielefeld
- 2nd KONVENS 1994 in Vienna
- 1st KONVENSs 1992 in Nürnberg